Debby Churella, Sponsor
- 3.5 GPA after second trimester of their junior year or after second trimester of their senior year
- 2 sports and/or activities at OGHS - must be an active member!
- At least 1 AP class or dual credit class their junior or senior year
- After missing 2 unexcused NHS meetings, you will no longer be a member. If you have a doctor's appointment during the meeting, you must get an excuse from the doctor
- You will need 2 teachers' recommendations and 1 guidance counselor's recommendation. The teacher's recommendation will be on a 1-5 scale. Once you give the teacher your recommendation form, it is their responsibility to turn the form into the NHS sponsor
- Each perspective member must write paragraphs on a meaningful subject, selected by the sponsor, and submit it prior to the notification of becoming a NHS member.
- The practice for the induction ceremony is required. If you do not attend the practice you will not become a member.
- Once inducted - each new member must complete 10 hours of community service between the induction date and the first week of May
- Second year members must complete an additional 20 hours of community service their senior year
- All current members must be in good standing at OGHS. No suspensions and inappropriate conduct in school or outside of school